People often forget that essentially we are responsible for our own happiness. They think it is circumstantial. Here are some 13 good suggestions from mental health experts of things you can do to make yourself happy.
- Realize that happiness doesn’t mean having everything you want and being problem-free all the time.
- Cut “should” from your vocabulary, because it basically guarantees whatever you think “should” happen, won’t.
- Remember that your negative thoughts are not true. They’re just thoughts.
- Start your day by reminding yourself one positive thing about your life.
- Anyone can benefit from therapy, so consider making an appointment for a checkup.
- Don’t think about your work responsibilities at home, and vice versa.
- Stop checking your smartphone randomly. Instead, give yourself specific times to catch up on social media and email.
- Make keeping up with your friendships a priority.
- Actually take the time to plan short-term pleasure AND long-term goals — aka actively make your life what you want it to be.
- Treat yourself with compassion and lots of love
- Don’t forget that your physical health has an impact on your mental health, too.
- Several times throughout your day, take a deep breath and tell yourself that everything is OK. Eventually, your brain will get the memo.
- Make a conscious effort to take care of your mental health the same way you would your physical health.
You can explore each of these in a little more depth in the article here
Added by me
14. Work with a good coach to ensure you have a compelling one, five and ten year plan for your life. One that is in complete harmony with your values. A future plan that drives you forward with purpose, fulfilment and passion. Yes you can MAKE yourself happy. Book a complimentary one hour consultation online today